Perkin Elmer (Caliper) IVIS Spectrum In Vivo System
The platform uses patented optical imaging technology to facilitate validation of reporter expression for cultures, and non-invasive, longitudinal monitoring of disease progression, cell trafficking and gene expression patterns in living animals.
Imaging times vary from 1 sec to 10 min depending on signal strength. Up to five animals can be imaged simultaneously. Analysis of imaging data is carried out on two PC workstations with Living Image Analysis stand-alone software, or the software can be purchased from Xenogen/ Caliper Life Sciences to allow analysis by users on their own computers.
Key features of the IVIS Spectrum include:
- High throughput of up to 5 mice with 23 cm field of view
- High resolution (to 20 microns) with 3.9 cm field of view
- Twenty eight filters spanning 430 nm to 840 nm
- Supports spectral unmixing applications
- Ideal for distinguishing multiple reporters
- Optical switch in the fluorescence illumination path allows reflection-mode or transmission-mode illumination
Gary Brown: Email / 352.273.6569
Disclaimer: The services and systems offered are available to researchers within the University of Florida system and affiliated institutions, as well as some off-campus entities with NIH funding, for their basic research projects or as part of basic research collaborations with other academic institutions or nonprofit organizations, which do not include involvement or funding from for-profit (commercial) organizations. The CTAC reserves the right to refuse service to any entity or project that may present a biological or health hazard, introduce potential pathogens, or otherwise pose a risk to staff or contamination to the facility.
test area – please ignore