CTAC CBR SOP: Starting the LCS software on the Leica TCS SP5 Confocal Microscope
- LCS software
- Argon Laser Unit
- Leica TCS SP5 Confocal Microscope
To facilitate operation of the LCS software for the Leica TCS SP5 Confocal Microscope.
Starting the LCS Software
The Main menu will appear.
- Click on the “Start” button
- Click “OK” when asked “Check configuration of machine?”
- Click “YES” when asked if you want to initialize the stage.
- Click on “Configuration” tab at top of left screen
The following window will open:
- Turn on the lasers that you will be using by clicking in the box beside the appropriate laser.
- Set the slider for the argon laser to 30%
- Click on “Acquire” tab to return to the imaging screen.
The system is ready to begin operation.
IMPORTANT: When you are finished return the Argon laser power to 0% and clean the objectives used with clean lens tissue paper.